Tel: 01570 423 823
- Libyan wealth fund to appoint managers
New head of LIA outsources plans to outsource its asset management, expand in London and implement international standards of governance
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 11:24 am
- Rent growth at lowest rate for four years
Rent growth slows to four-year low as buy-to-let sector expands and more first time buyers enter the market
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 1:30 am
- Banks lobby to retain commodities units
Move by Wall Street groups comes as the Federal Reserve considers tougher rules on the ownership of physical assets
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 9:56 pm
- Private equity profits spur Blackstone
Strong earnings contrast with a weak quarter for the big Wall Street banks, who have been hit by regulations that spare the private equity groups
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 9:10 pm
- Trade credit insurance to the rescue
This humdrum, clerical mechanism could mitigate the risk of securitising European banks’ lending to small and medium-sized enterprises, says John Dizard
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 7:59 pm
- The Expert View: William Hill, Aviva and Ashtead
Our daily roundup of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Songbird Estates and Synergy Health.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 5:01 am
- Friday Papers: RBS cleared of forcing clients into insolvency
And America’s two largest former investment banks report increased earnings but Morgan Stanley's profits rise and Goldman's fall.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 4:48 am
- Overnight Markets: S&P 500 and Nasdaq rise on earnings
Shares eked out modest gains as results from General Electric and Morgan Stanley beat estimates.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 4:45 am
- MRB: fortune is still rewarding the brave on equity
Investors need to keep a close eye on China, but avoid overestimating the probability of an adverse outcome
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 12:01 am
- Sarasin renames AgriSar fund and lowers fees
Sarasin has rebranded its AgriSar fund as the Food and Agriculture Opportunities fund.
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 12:46 pm
- VIDEO: UK could become 'nation of renters'
Almost half of Britons believe the UK will become a nation of renters within a generation, research suggests.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 12:16 pm
- AUDIO: Third believe they may never own home
A third of adults under 45 say they have no prospect of owning their own home, a report by Halifax has found.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 11:48 am
- Barnes & Noble founder offloads $64m
Barnes & Noble chairman trims his stake in the bookstore company to 20% by selling shares worth $64m.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 1:49 am
- VIDEO: Singapore puts innovation on show
Singapore is running a trade fair for entrepreneurs, where exhibitors hope to turn their idea into a worldwide success.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 1:23 am
- Ex-BP worker fined over shares trade
A BP employee who oversaw the cleanup of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 agrees to settle a charge of insider trading.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 1:10 am
- The Week's Big Business Stories
Missed out on the big business stories of the week? Naomi Kerbel rounds up what's been making news, including David Beckham.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 11:03 am
- House Price Increases Create 'Generation Rent'
A third of adults under the age of 40 say they have no realistic chance of owning their own home, despite Help to Buy schemes.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 9:31 am
- South West Hoping For Easter Tourism Boost
The reopening of the railway line at Dawlish in Devon after £35m repairs gives tourist businesses reason for optimism.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 7:48 am
- Weibo Woes Amid Disappointing Nasdaq Flotation
'China's Twitter' sees lukewarm investor interest upon its flotation on the Nasdaq, where tech stocks have been sliding.
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 7:50 pm
- Co-op Admits 'Disastrous Year' Amid £2.5bn Loss
The embattled Co-operative Group confirms it lost £2.5bn last year amid major problems at its banking group and food division.
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 7:05 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.